11/23/13

Ashlee Evans-Smith MMA Cage fighter who beat Fallon Fox says she shouldn't fight woman

"Fallon Fox shouldn't fight dudes, Fox shouldn't fight woman. Transgender people should have a unique organization for those needs" - Ashlee Evans-Smith.

So why does Evans-Smith think Fallon Fox and other trans people should be segregated?

"She (fallon Fox) did have did have a unfair advantage."

And that was after Ashlee Evans-Smith she she won because she hit harder, grappled better, had better ground techniques, cardio and leg strength.

Would I fight Fallon Fox again? "No because I want to fight someone and I think all other woman want to compete against people on a equal playing field."

Meaning of course she doesn't think transgender woman are really woman.

"Oh and I hope LGBT people please don't hate me."

 Ironically after reading some of the comments on Youtube it appears that the Ashlee Evans-Smith interview enlightened many who were previously opposed Fallon Fox fighting other woman.



Fallon Fox responds to this interview rather incredulously on Outsports:


But, that's clearly not really what this is about. This is about the category she has me in within her own mind. It's apparent to me that many people see me as "transgender" and not "woman," meaning they don't look at me as female, they don't look at me as male, they look at me as something "other". How rude and uneducated! All of this "misgendering" because they are not used experiencing a trans woman.
I am not an "other." I am female, a woman. I am classified as a transgender woman or transsexual woman. The terms simply label the type of woman that I am. Black woman, white woman, lesbian woman, and straight woman are other examples of labels we put on different types of women. Saying that I should be segregated in a class of only trans women is ignorant and discriminatory. It's much like how they tried to say that black women shouldn't be allowed in track when they first competed. They said they belonged in a separate category all to themselves.
Every minority in sports has to go through this, and all because of ignorance and fear. It's only been within the last hundred years or so that modern medicine has created the ability for people to change their sex. Individuals like myself will have to struggle against the mindset of people like Ashlee Evans-Smith. It's sad that we have to repeat history over and over again. But, this is the reality.
I wonder if Ashlee Evans-Smith recognizes the historical irony of her discriminatory beliefs.


No comments: