10/24/10

Transgender Owned Austin City Power Sports Taking the lead


Jennifer Baggarly's thirty years of faithful motorcycle repair and multiple certifications meant nothing to potential employers after being dismissed because of her gender expression.

"They lied about my experence and employment record" Baggerly said "every interview went great untill our following contact when they declined my application after having had a conversation with my former boss."

Jennifer's career seemed in ruins as she spent the next year unemployed. Resilience defining TransAction, not to be defeated, Jennifer took the bull by the handlebars and Austin City Power Sports, her start up business venture became the answer.

Jennifer was forced into this because of transphobia, her car repeatedly defaced a
employer refusing to address her with the proper pronouns, let alone give her the respect every woman deserves.

"Our customers care about our ability to get the job done right, the first time" Jennifer explaining the shops phenomenal success "and they aren't worried if its a transgender gal or guy who gets it done."

It is ironic and wonderfull that the same bigots who forced her into unemployment now must compete with Austin City Power Sports superior operation.

Maybe one day her former employers will be asking Jennifer for a job. Who knows.

Austin City Power Sports.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful. I have ridden Motorcycles for over 45 years now. I recently cam out of that closet as people say. I cant believe I have found a Transgender Shop right here in Austin. I hope to get to Austin soon so I can see it myself.
Bobbie

Unknown said...

I have been riding bikes for over 45 years now. I never thought I would see a Transgender shop, and right in Austin, Wow so cool. Cant wait to get to Austin and check out the shop and owners.

Bobbie

planet trans said...

Awesome Bobbie! I began riding in the 70's and brought my bike with me everywhere while in the service. Let us know how your visit went.