8/4/08

Gentle Gender discussion



Click title for Left In S.F. post
Left in S.F has a wonderful article which begins with a discussion about the planned Olympic testing to see is you a guy of girl? Inquiring minds want to know.

The article then transitions into self examination and how do you qualify gender? Everyone including myself is guilty of having a set of preconceptions about gender. Guilty as charged.
To the dear person I was speaking with last night that repeatedly called me man until I couldn't take it, its cool. You were honestly trying as hard as your good christian heart could. What you did is commendable. You challenged yourself to understand. Doors and pathways will appear to you as if by magic and I will be with you in your struggle. Trying to understand you. You my friend are now part of our community.

No comments: